All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last decade, Carol Gray's Social Stories approach has become established as a highly effective way of teaching social and life skills to children on the autism spectrum. Taking the form of short narratives, the Stories in My Social Stories Book take children step by step through basic activities such as brushing your teeth, taking a bath and getting used to new clothes. It also helps children to understand different experiences such as going to school, shopping and visiting the doctor. These stories are written for preschoolers aged from two to six, and the book is a useful primer for all young children - but most especially those on the autism spectrum. My Social Stories Book contains over 150 Stories, and is illustrated throughout with line drawings by Sean McAndrew, which form a visual counterpart to the text. A helpful introduction explains to parents and carers how to get the most out of the book.
- Author BiographyCarol Gray has extensive experience of working with children with autistic spectrum disorders. She teaches at Jenison Public School in Michigan, USA, is the editor of The Morning News, a newsletter on autistic spectrum disorders, and she lectures internationally.
- Author(s)Carol Gray
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/02/2001
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteline illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byCarol Gray
- Illustrator(s)Sean McAndrew
- Interest AgeFrom 2
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.