All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
About this product
- DescriptionWhat a place it was, that dark little house that was two rooms up and two down ...I don't remember to this day where we all slept, though there was a funeral w and then to thin us out. This is the powerful story of two hard-driven men - one a celebrated English velist, the other a successful Irish entrepreneur - and of their sons, in whom are invested all their fathers' hopes and ambitions. Oliver Essex and Rory O'Riorden grow up as friends, but in the years after the Great War their fathers' lofty plans have unexpected consequences.
- Author BiographyHoward Spring (1889-1965) won worldwide fame with his bestselling novel O Absalom! - afterward reissued as My Son, My Son to avoid a clash with William Faulkner's Absalom, Absalom! He settled in Cornwall, the setting for books that followed, such as Fame Is the Spur (1940), Hard Facts (1944), and The Houses in Between (1951).
- Author(s)Howard Spring
- PublisherHead of Zeus
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHead of Zeus
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Introduction byMichael Schmidt
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.