Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.31Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.95+ postage
- Good condition
- Sold by plsandty
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt was meant to be a holiday. A fun-filled break to a tropical paradise to celebrate a sister's birthday. But for Schapelle Corby it ended up a waking nightmare. She was arrested at Denpasar airport after 4.2 kilograms of marijuana was found in her boogie-board bag. Schapelle had become the real-life victim of every traveller's darkest fear - drugs had been placed in her bag after she checked it in. Though completely incent, she was forced to face the consequences of someone else's crime in a country where the penalties for drug smuggling are among the harshest in the world. Her trial and conviction became one of the biggest stories of the decade in Australia, and the entire nation watched in horror as she was sentenced to twenty years in jail. Yet despite the huge media coverage, the one voice we never properly heard was Schapelle's herself. Now, in this searing and utterly compelling book, she tells her own story: of being wrenched from a carefree holiday into a stinking police cell, of an alien legal system where her attempts to prove herself incent were thwarted at every turn, and of learning to survive - day by terrible day - in the squalor, discomfort and violence of a third-world jail. Schapelle's story is an account like other - of a young woman experiencing the unimaginable, and enduring the unendurable with courage, strength and humour. It is simply the most unforgettable book you'll ever read.
- Author(s)Kathryn Bonella,Schapelle Corby
- PublisherPan Macmillan Australia
- Date of Publication10/11/2006
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMacmillan Australia
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight543 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statementillustrated edition
Most relevant reviews
- 1108872835@dele...07 Jun, 2012by
EXCELLENT BOOK BASED ON A TRUE STORY - MUST READ.
An excellent book to read. The author, Kathryn Bonella, is a good writer. She keeps the writing simple yet captivating. As an Aussie myself, I feel for her and sad that she is still in that hell hole. I think she is 90% innocent and 10% guilty and she should be released as early as possible. She has already spent many years in that prison, aka Hotel Kerobokan which is riddled with drug use, sex and mass corruption. Kathryn Bonella has also written another book based on that notorious prison which is another excellent story to read.
- lozz.monti06 Aug, 2012by
Great price & Great book
I was so happy to find this item to cheap, I had been looking at other listings and really wanted the book, but thought that the price was to high on alot of them. Until I found this one! I have recently read 'Sins of the father' and really was interested to read this book, as it is told from Schapelle and gives a totally different veiw of the series of events. Im not far into the book just yet, but already the first two chapters gives a really descriptive view on what schapelle has had to experience. Grabs you attention as soon as it begins! love it!
- 5678harris026607 Feb, 2013by
very interesting book.bought the book as I am interested in the subject matter.I like the fact that I had an insight to life in prison
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.33