All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $174.65
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $23.65Trending at AU $25.41
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $42.41
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $38.29
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $19.71
About this product
- DescriptionThis charming little book will introduce young readers to safe and effective natural remedies from the native traditions of the American Southwest. A good way to learn about the healing power of plants. --Andrew Weil, MD Aaron has asked his grandfather Tata to teach him about the healing remedies he uses. Tata is a neighbor and family elder. People come to him all the time for his soothing solutions and for his compassionate touch and gentle wisdom. Tata kws how to use herbs, teas, and plants to help each one. His wife, Grandmother Nana, is there too, bringing delicious food and humor to help Tata's patients heal. An herbal remedies glossary at the end of the book includes useful information about each plant, plus botanically correct drawings. Roni Capin Rivera-Ashford grew up in Nogales on the Arizona-Mexico border. Born into a pioneering Jewish family with roots in Eastern Europe, Roni embraced the languages, cultures, and people on both sides of the border. Now a retired bilingual educator, her first book, My Nana's Remedies / Los Remedios de mi Nana, is a classic, a parent's and teacher's friend for teaching children traditional values. Antonio Castro L. is nationally recognized for his illustrations of books by Joe Hayes. Teaming up with his son, book designer Antonio Castro H., he uses his exacting illustrative skills to bring to life this story of family and plants. Born in Zacatecas, Mexico, Antonio has lived in the Juarez--El Paso area for most of his life.
- Author BiographyRoni Capin Rivera-Ashford grew up in the Sonoran desert on the Arizona side of the U.S.-Mexico border. She was a bilingual preschool and elementary school teacher for over thirty years. Now retired, she works as an author, editor, and translator.
- Author(s)Roni Capin Rivera-Ashford
- PublisherCinco Puntos Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication05/05/2015
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCinco Puntos Press,U.S.
- Content NoteColor illustrations throughoutColor illustrations throughout
- Weight471 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Antonio Castro L.
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.