All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionA must-read guide for parents and grandparents who want to practically and successfully help their teenager navigate the ever-lengthening stage of adolescence launching, them into society with confidence, vision, and success. Zombies are t just found in horror movies, sometimes they're lying on your living room couch. These are undead adolescents whose psychological and social development have come to a screeching halt. Torn by their yearning for freedom and their fear of surviving the outside world, they have stalled in their maturity, motivation, and purpose in life, hijacked by a helplessness and fear of responsibility. Parents often feel ill-equipped to love, support, and guide them-especially when they may be facing a midlife crisis of their own and battling some of the same issues in their own lives. Is it really possible to escape this undead state of being? In My Teenage Zombie board-certified psychiatrist and medical doctor David L. Henderson explains the parts of a teenage zombie (their brain, heart, and spirit), how they got into this undead state, and how to resurrect them back to life. Using real-life examples of families he has counseled, he describes both their physical and psychological characteristics and offers practical suggestions on how to deal with, and in many cases avoid, having an undead adolescent in your home. The book is divided into three helpful sections: * The Rise of the Undead: Understanding the Nature of a Teenage Zombie * The Fear of the Undead: Facing the Anxiety of Confronting a Teenage Zombie * Resurrecting the Undead: Restoring Your Teenage Zombie to a Life Worth Living If you are the parent of an undead adolescent, there is hope for you and your child. Or maybe you have children who are t yet adolescents. It's never too early to prepare for the challenges that await you. Either way, stay calm and start resurrecting zombies!
- Author BiographyDr. David Henderson is a board certified psychiatrist, author and speaker. He is the founder and president of Four Stones PLLC, a mental health consulting practice in Dallas, Texas. For five years, Dr. Henderson served as the Department Chair of Psychology and Counseling at Criswell College, rebuilding its Masters in Counseling Program and starting the undergraduate major in Psychology. He also helped to develop a fully online counseling curriculum for the school. In addition, Dr. Henderson has served as an adjunct professor of Psychology and Counseling at Dallas Theological Seminary. He is a member of the board of directors for Drug Prevention Resources, Inc., a nonprofit organization dedicated to preventing youth substance abuse. Dr. Henderson has presented nationally and internationally at conferences for the American Psychiatric Association, the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law, The Christian Association for Psychological Studies, and the Christian Medical and Dental Association. For more information, you can visit his website, www.drdavidhenderson.com.
- Author(s)David L. Henderson
- PublisherThomas Nelson Publishers
- Date of Publication03/11/2016
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThomas Nelson Publishers
- Weight231 g
- Width139 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.