All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionMy Thoughts provides a unique window into the mind of one of the undisputed pioneers of modern thought, the author of The Spirit of the Laws . From the publication of his first masterpiece, Persian Letters , in 1721, until his death in 1755, Montesquieu maintained tebooks in which he wrote and dictated ideas on a wide variety of topics. Some of the contents are early drafts of passages that Montesquieu eventually placed in his published works; others are outlines or early versions of projected works that were ultimately lost, unfinished, or abandoned. These tebooks provide important insights into his views on a broad range of topics, including morality, religion, history, law, ecomics, finance, science, art, and constitutional liberty. Montesquieu called these tebooks, Mes Pensees (My Thoughts), and they appear in their entirety in English for the first time in this Liberty Fund edition. Editor and translator Henry C Clark provides readers with translations of most of the foottes contained in the 1991 French edition by Louis Desgraves, while adding new tes and other aids to understanding the text and translation. These features provide the frame for a revealing portrait of one of the most influential figures of the eighteenth century.
- Author BiographyCharles-Louis de Secondat, Baron of La Brede and of Montesquieu (16891755) was one of the leading intellectual figures of eighteenth-century Europe. Henry C Clark teaches at Clemson University. He has written two books and numerous articles, mainly on the French and Scottish Enlightenments.
- Author(s)Charles de Secondat
- PublisherLiberty Fund Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- Place of PublicationIndianapolis, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiberty Fund Inc
- Weight1275 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Edited byBaron de Montesquieu
- Translated byHenry C. Clark
- Introduction byHenry C. Clark
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.