My Two Chinas: The Memoir of a Chinese Counterrevolutionary by Baiqiao Tang (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $60.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThis title provides a timely, intelligent, illuminating memoir from one of the leading figures in the Chinese Pro-Democracy movement. At this moment, people in China are being imprisoned and tortured by their own government. These people are t hardened criminals, murderers, thieves, or terrorists. They've done thing wrong. They are student leaders, journalists, bloggers, human rights activists, and monks whose only 'crime' is that they want democracy. They want their voices to be heard in a nation they've helped to build. My Two Chinas is the memoir of one such political prisoner. Baiqiao Tang is one of China's most influential modern dissidents. Tang's name became legendary during the time of the Tiananmen Square massacre. Over the past 21 years, he has remained on the front lines of the Chinese pro-democracy movement, where he has vowed to keep fighting until the dream of a free China is realized. This unique, timely, suspenseful, and ultimately inspiring memoir will resonate with people from all walks of life and from all backgrounds who care about human rights and the future of free society.
- Author BiographyBaiqiao Tang (New York, NY) is the chair of the China Peace and Democracy Federation and the author of Anthems of Defeat (Human Rights Watch, 1992) and numerous articles in such publications as Columbia University's Journal of the School of International and Public Affairs, The Secret China, Liberty Times, Open magazine, and the Epoch Times. He has also been a special commentator for Radio Free Asia, New Dynasty TV, and other programs. He is frequently interviewed by national and international media, including ABC, NBC, the BBC, the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Wall Street Journal, Newsweek, and other media outlets. Damon DiMarco (New York, NY) is the author of Tower Stories: An Oral History of 9/11, with a foreword by 9/11 Commission Chairman Thomas H. Kean, and Shock and Awe: Soldiers' Voices from the Front Lines in Iraq. He is the coauthor with Roy Simmons of Out of Bounds: Coming Out of Sexual Abuse, Addiction, and My Life of Lies in the NFL Closet. Mr. DiMarco is also an actor. He has written two books on acting, and has taught the subject at colleges, trade schools, and in private sessions.
- Author(s)Baiqiao Tang
- PublisherPrometheus Books
- Date of Publication22/03/2011
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationAmherst
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrometheus Books
- Content Notephotographs throughout
- Weight581 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Foreword byHis Holiness Tenzin Gyatso the Dalai Lama
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.