All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUyen was born in Saigon and spent her childhood there before leaving Vietnam in the aftermath of the war. She regularly travels back there to visit family and pick up more classic and modern recipes for dishes found in the homes and on the streets of Vietnam. The recipes in the book tell a story - about Uyen's family and the culture of food in Vietnam. In essence, the food of her country aims to strike the perfect balance between sweet, sour, salty, bitter, hot and umami, and to cater for any occasion and time of day, every mood and ailment. Uyen describes some of the most commonly used produce and guides you through Soups, Snacks, Noodles, Lunch & Dinner and Desserts, weaving in tales of etiquette and tradition and providing evocative photos of her travels throughout. Popular recipes include pho soup, banh mi baguettes and summer rolls.
- Author BiographyUyen Luu is a writer, cook, photographer, and food and prop stylist. She trained in fine art film and video at Central St Martins. She runs supperclubs and Vietnamese cooking classes in her Hackney home, and writes and blogs about food, recipes and travel. She writes for Time Out and her recipes have appeared in the Evening Standard.
- Author(s)Luu Uyen
- PublisherRyland, Peters & Small Ltd
- Date of Publication10/10/2013
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRyland, Peters & Small Ltd
- Content Note140 col photographs
- Weight694 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.