Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionFrom 1939 to 1945, Squadron Leader Peter Freygood overcomes anti-Semitism, anti-colonialism, innumerable encounters with the enemy, and the rmal problems associated with coming of age. Book 1 describes his training as a navigator, mechanic and pilot, his first encounters with the opposite sex, the initial raids on Germany, and the escape of the Allied armies from Dunkirk. In Book II, a crash landing off the Isle of Guernsey leaves the protagonist with amnesia. He meets the girls he will later marry, recovers his memory and returns to England to help in the Battle of Britain. In Book III, he is dropped into the foothills of the Pyrenees to help organize the French resistance and is soon caught up in a trio of romantic entanglements. Sent to spy in occupied France, he escapes after rebuilding World War I vintage aircraft. In Book IV, he is sent to Guernsey to supervise its transition to peacetime, where he must determine the fate of accused war criminals and collaborators.
- Author BiographyNorman Friedgut is the pseudonym of a Candian-American author of technical publications.
- Author(s)Norman Friedgut
- Date of Publication04/07/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.