All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>CNN correspondent Tom Foreman's remarkable journey from half-hearted couch potato to ultra-marathon runner, with four half-marathons, three marathons, and 2,000 miles of training in between; a poignant and warm-hearted tale of parenting, overcoming the challenges of age, and quiet triumph.</b> As a journalist whose career spans three decades, CNN correspondent Tom Foreman has reported from the heart of war zones, riots, and natural disasters. He has interviewed serial killers and been in the line of fire. But the most terrifying moment of his life didn't occur on the job--it occurred at home, when his 18-year old daughter asked, How would you feel about running a marathon with me? At the time, Foreman was approaching 51 years old, and his last marathon was almost 30 years behind him. The race was just sixteen weeks away, but Foreman reluctantly agreed. Training with his daughter, who had just started college, would be a great bonding experience, albeit a long and painful one. <i>My Year of Running Dangerously</i> is Foreman's journey through four half-marathons, three marathons, and one 55-mile race. What started as an incent request from his daughter quickly turned into a rekindled passion for long-distance running--for the training, the camaraderie, the defeats, and the victories. Told with honesty and humor, Foreman's account captures the universal fears of aging and failure alongside the hard-won moments of triumph, tenacity, and going further than you ever thought possible.
- Author Biography<b>Tom Foreman</b> is an Emmy award-winning journalist and currently works as an anchor and reporter for CNN. He frequently reports for such programs as <i>The Lead with Jake Tapper</i>, <i>The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer</i>, and <i>Anderson Cooper 360</i>. A journalist for over 30 years, Foreman has covered nearly every major news story in recent memory, from 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina to the 2008 presidential election and the Gulf oil spill. He currently lives in Bethesda, MD with his family.
- Author(s)Tom Foreman
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication15/01/2017
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2017
- ImprintPenguin USA
- Weight181 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.