All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionCovers iOS 8 for all models of iPad Air and iPad mini, 3rd & 4th Generation iPads, and iPad 2 Based on the best-selling My iPad book, My iPad for Seniors helps you quickly get started with your new tablet, and use its features to look up information and perform day-to-day activities from anywhere, any time. Step-by-step instructions for the tasks you care about most Large, full-color, close-up photos show you exactly what to do Common-sense help whenever you run into problems Tips and tes to help you do even more Written for seniors, the full-color, step-by-step tasks-in legible print-walk you through getting and keeping your iPad working just the way you want. Learn how to: * Connect your iPad to your Wi-Fi and your mobile carrier * Learn how to use the on-screen keyboard, predictive text, and dictation * Secure your iPad using Touch ID, passcodes, and other security measures * Use Control Center to control frequently used settings * Use Siri to control your iPad or get information by speaking commands * Use iCloud to keep everything current between all your iOS devices (even your Mac), including music, photos, emails, and more * Surf the Web, and send and receive email * Download and install apps to make your iPad even more useful * Record and edit video using iMovie for iPad * Take photos, and then edit them using iPhoto for iPad * Use AirDrop to share files and information with other iOS devices nearby * Manage your contacts, and then connect with others using Messaging * Use FaceTime and Skype to stay connected with friends and family * Use Pages, Numbers, and Keyte to create documents and presentations * Discover some of the most useful and entertaining apps
- Author BiographyGary Rosenzweig is an Internet entrepreneur, software developer, and technology writer. He runs CleverMedia, Inc., which produces websites, computer games, apps, and podcasts. CleverMedia's largest site, MacMost.com, features video tutorials for Apple enthusiasts. It includes many videos on using Macs, iPhones, and iPads. Gary has written numerous computer books, including ActionScript 3.0 Game Programming University, MacMost.com Guide to Switching to the Mac, and Special Edition Using Director MX. Gary lives in Denver, Colorado, with his wife, Debby, and daughter, Luna. He has a computer science degree from Drexel University and a master's degree in journalism from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Website: http://garyrosenzweig.com Twitter: http://twitter.com/rosenz More iPad Tutorials and Book Updates: http://macmost.com/ipadguide/ Gary Jones is a retired school administrator. In retirement he has become an avid traveler, foodie, rare book seller, and an individual who uses his iPad in most of his ventures. He runs Juniper Point Books, an online rare and used book business, travels the world attempting to live, shop, and eat like a local, occasionally provides educational consulting services, and works hard at retirement. Gary has degrees in English, philosophy, and a master's degree in school administration. He lives in Round Lake, NY with his wife, Susan, has two children, Karianne and Katelyn, and a dog Bubba.
- Author(s)Gary Eugene Jones,Gary Rosenzweig
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication07/11/2014
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQue Corporation,U.S.
- Out-of-print date17/11/2015
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight912 g
- Width181 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.