All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionMyasthenia Gravis and Myasthenic Disorders, Second Edition is a thoroughly re-written and updated version of the highly successful first edition published in 1999. The current edition begins with an overview of the anatomy and molecular architecture of the neuromuscular junction and the electrophysiologic diagsis of its disorders. The introductory chapters are followed by a detailed exposition of the pathogenesis, natural history, diagsis and therapy of the autoimmune myasthenias, the Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome, and the increasingly complex and fascinating diseases collectively referred to as congenital myasthenic syndromes. The acetylcholine receptor is a major target of both autoimmune and inherited myasthenias and a separate chapter reviews its structural and functional properties. The book also describes disorders that often target terminal nerve segment near the neuromuscular junction- the syndrome of peripheral nerve hyperexcitability and the Guillain-Barre syndrome. Comprehensively written by leaders at the forefront of research, t to mention thoroughly referenced throughout and gorgeously illustrated, this new edition of the classic 1999 text will cement its place as the text on Myasthenia Gravis and related disorders for years to come.
- Author BiographyDr. Andrew Engel is the McKnight-3M Professor of Neuroscience and Professor of Neurology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine as well as the Director of the Neuromuscular Disease laboratory at the Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN campus. He earned his medical degree at McGill University, was trained in Neurology at the NIH and the Mayo Clinic and in Neuropathology at Columbia University and has spent his entire professional carrier at the Mayo Clinic. Dr Engel has had a longstanding interest in neuromuscular diseases and especially those affecting neuromuscular transmission.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication19/04/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleContemporary Neurology Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight926 g
- Width187 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAndrew G. Engel
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.