Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionMycotoxins produced by molds are common contaminants of many important crops, including wheat, corn, rice, and peanuts. Some mycotoxins are found in fruits and vegetables. These contaminants have a broad range of toxic effects, including carcigenicity, neurotoxicity, and reproductive and developmental toxicity. The occurrence of mycotoxins in foods is an unavoidable worldwide problem. About 80 countries have imposed regulatory limits to minimize human and animal exposure to mycotoxins. Regulatory limits, including international standards, have tremendous ecomic impact and must be developed using science-based risk assessments. The purpose of Mycotoxin Protocols is to provide the scientific and techlogical basis for analytical methods for use in obtaining the exposure data needed for risk assessments. Mycotoxin Protocols is divided into four sections, which are interc- nected. The first section: Chapters 1-5 describe the general techniques for mycotoxin analysis with emphasis on the importance of method validation based on statistical parameters; sampling procedures for collecting a sample as representative as possible of a bulk lot; the isolation of mycotoxins for use as analytical standards or for toxicological studies; the evaluation of purity and preparation of standards; and the detection and identification of impu- ties in isolated mycotoxins. Sections 2-4: Chapters 6-19 describe the most current chromatographic and immuchemical methods for studies on the major mycotoxins.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication17/08/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number157
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byAlbert E. Pohland,Mary W. Trucksess
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2001
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.