All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.10
About this product
- DescriptionSince it was first published in 1975, Mystery Train has cemented itself in the can of great rock literature, offering one of the most astute, fascinating visions of the genre. Greil Marcus traces the emotional landscape and zeitgeist of an entire continent through the lens of the music of six of the most influential bands and musicians: from the pioneering Harmonica Frank to the tortured universe of blues singer Robert Johnson; from The Band and their dream to create a community grounded in rootlessness to the chaotic friction of Sly and the Family Stone; and from Randy Newman s struggle for creative freedom to the larger-than-life talent and ambition, downfall, and reinvention of the iconic Elvis Presley. The second half of the book a masterwork of music criticism, focuses on the discography of the aforementioned artists and the evolution and continuing impact of their recordings.
- Author BiographyGreil Marcus is a writer, a music journalist, and a cultural critic whose work has been featured in publications such as Esquire, Interview, the New York Times, and Salon.com. He is the author of Bob Dylan by Greil Marcus, The Doors: A Lifetime of Listening to Five Mean Years, and Like a Rolling Stone: Bob Dylan at the Crossroads. He lives in Berkeley, California.
- Author(s)Contributor Greil Marcus
- Date of Publication01/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight771 g
- Width147 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.