All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis book identifies the cultural and devotional conventions underlying expressions of mystical love in poetry and music of the German baroque. It sheds new light on the seemingly erotic overtones in settings of the Song of Songs and dialogues between Christ and the faithful soul in late 17th- and early 18th-century cantatas by SchYtz, Buxtehude, and J.S. Bach.
- Author BiographyIsabella van Elferen is assistant professor of Music and New Media at the Department of Media and Cultural Studies of Utrecht University. She is the editor of Nostalgia or Perversion? Gothic Rewriting from the Eighteenth Century until the Present Day (2007).
- Author(s)Isabella van Elferen
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication23/12/2008
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleContextual Bach Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight608 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.