All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is based on a profound study of literary sources and carefully planned -fieldwork which throw fresh and vel light on the origins and development of Indian culture. Professor Damodar Dharmanand Kosambi has raised, analysed and solved questions of vital importance to all those interested in the study of Indology such as the data of Karle Caves; the background of Kalidasa's plays; the significance of the great Pandharpur pilgrimage; and the ecomic, cultural and historical basis of the Goan struggle for union with India and others. The work is most refreshing in its range of material as presented for the first time. The author makes an impressive use of scientific methods in many fields-archaeology, ethgraphy, philology and others. The logically consistent and intensely stimulating analyses and conclusions are often startling but always convincing and undeniably important as a landmark in the study of Indian tradition. Key Features * Essays in this volume are based upon the collation of field?work with literary evidence. * Fresh data and logical interpretation cast fresh and vel light on the origins and development of Indian culture. * The work is most refreshing in its range of new material presented here for the first time Original discoveries of megaliths, microliths, rustic superstition and peasant customs. * Author's masterly analysis is logically consistent and profoundly stimulating.
- Author(s)Damodar Dharmanand Kosambi
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication22/08/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Width184 mm
- Height241 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.