All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>THE EISNER AWARD-WINNING, NATIONALLY BEST-SELLING <i>MYTHOLOGY</i> IS HERE IN PAPERBACK, IN AN EXPANDED EDITION WITH 32 NEW PAGES.</b><i>Mythology </i>returns, in a newly expanded paperback edition of the book <i>Entertainment Weekly</i> awarded a grade of A, saying: Alex Ross brings to his work an unparalleled sense of the real. His heroes both super and mortal have weight; they exist in space, and that space is affected by them in ways never before seen on the page. And so here they are, the incomparable cast of the DC Comics universe: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, Aquaman, the Green Lantern, and the rest of the Justice League as you ve never seen them before. <i>Mythology</i> brings together the best loved comic characters in the world, brought to life by Alex Ross, one of the most astonishing young artists working in the medium today. The award-winning designer/writer Chip Kidd and photographer Geoff Spear have teamed up to create a book like other, with an introduction by M. Night Shyamalan, the acclaimed director of <i>The Village</i> and <i>The Sixth Sense</i>. Ross has often been called the Norman Rockwell of comics, and this book reveals t only his lifelong love of these classic superheroes but also his vision: <i>Mythology</i> takes you into the studio for a behind-the-scenes look at his fascinating creative process. The combination of Ross s dynamic art and Kidd s kinetic design makes images from his most memorable stories including Kingdom Come, Superman: Peace on Earth, Batman: War on Crime, and Uncle Sam soar off the more than 300 pages. The new material centers on Ross s startling new comic book series, <i>Justice</i>, including sketches, preliminary art, prototype figures, and more. <i>Mythology</i> is a book in which every page explodes with the power of the icons it celebrates.
- Author Biography<b>Alex Ross</b> has produced more than 1,500 pages of comics material in less than fourteen years an extraordinary body of work that has earned him every major award in the industry. Ross was born in Portland, Oregon, in 1970 and eventually settled in Chicago, where he attended the American Academy of Art. Among his best known books are: <i>Marvels, Kingdom Come, Uncle Sam, Earth X, Superman: Peace on Earth, Batman: War on Crime, </i> and <i>JLA: Liberty and Justice.</i><b>Chip Kidd</b> is the author and designer of <i>Batman Collected</i> and <i>Peanuts: The Art of Charles M. Schulz</i>. His book jacket designs for Alfred A. Knopf helped break new ground in the field from the late 1980s to the present. <i>The Cheese Monkeys</i>, Kidd s first novel, published in 2001, was a <i>New York Times</i> Notable Book of the Year. <b>Geoff Spear</b> has photographed for numerous publications, including <i>Vogue, Entertainment Weekly, GQ, Newsweek, </i> and <i>The New York Times</i>. His images have also appeared in national ad campaigns for AT&T, American Express, Citibank, and IBM. His photographs for <i>Batman Collected</i> were chosen for the <i>American Photography</i> annual of the best of 1996.
- Author(s)Alex Ross
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication18/03/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1542 g
- Width223 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $67.12Trending at AU $73.13
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.