All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the past few decades we have witnessed an era of remarkable growth in the field of molecular biology. In 1950 very little was kwn of the chemical constitution of biological systems, the manner in which information was trans- mitted from one organism to ather, or the extent to which the chemical basis of life is unified. The picture today is dramatically different. We have an almost bewildering variety of information detailing many different aspects of life at the molecular level. These great advances have brought with them seme breath-taking insights into the molecular mechanisms used by nature for rep- licating, distributing and modifying biological information. We have learned a great deal about the chemical and physical nature of the macromolecular nucleic acids and proteins, and the manner in which carbohydrates, lipids and smaller molecules work together to provide the molecular setting of living sys- tems. It might be said that these few decades have replaced a near vacuum of information with a very large surplus. It is in the context of this flood of information that this series of mographs on molecular biology has been organized. The idea is to bring together in one place, between the covers of one book, a concise assessment of the state of the subject in a well-defined field. This will enable the reader to get a sense of historical perspective-what is kwn about the field today-and a description of the frontiers of research where our kwledge is increasing steadily.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/11/2011
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Molecular and Cell Biology
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight486 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byE. Rosenberg
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1984
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.