N-Heterocyclic Carbenes in Transition Metal Catalysis and Organocatalysis by Springer (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $386.60+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $319.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- DescriptionN-Heterocyclic Carbenes in Transition Metal Catalysis and Orgacatalysis features all catalytic reactions enabled by N-heterocyclic carbenes (NHCs), either directly as orgacatalysts or as ligands for transition metal catalysts. An explosion in the use of NHCs has been reported in the literature during the past seven years making this comprehensive overview highly apropos. The book begins with an introductory overview of NHCs which could have been subtitled all you need to kw about NHCs. The main body of the book is dedicated to applications of NHCs in catalysis. In addition to the success stories of NHCs in metathesis, NHCs in cross coupling and more recently NHCs in orgacatalysis, all other less publicized areas are also covered. As the success of NHCs is generally attributed to their potential to stabilize metal centres, the inclusion of a chapter on the decomposition of NHC catalysts is pertinent. The book closes with a chapter describing the applications of NHCs in industrial processes, which is the first coverage of its kind, and brings a unique industrial context to this book. Included in this book: * Historical aspects of NHCs* Synthetic pathways to NHC precursors, free NHCs and complexes* Methods of characterisation of NHCs and related complexes* Electronic properties of NHCs* Steric properties of NHCs and models for their description* NHCs for metathesis and cross-coupling reactions* NHCs as orgacatalysts* NHC Transition-Metal mediated oxidations, additions to multiple bonds, polymerisation and oligomerisation, cyclisations, direct arylations, reactions involving CO, C-F and C-H bond activation, ...* Decomposition of NHC-containing catalysts* Industrial applications involving NHC-containing catalysts N-Heterocyclic Carbenes in Transition Metal Catalysis and Orgacatalysis provides a fresh view of NHCs since most contributors are young emerging researchers in the field of homogeneous catalysis using NHCs. This group of contributors is complemented by highly established academic researchers and an industrialist. This book is comprehensive, from the basic features of NHCs to the latest advances, hence it is suitable for both the vice and the expert.
- Date of Publication01/06/2010
- Series TitleCatalysis by Metal Complexes
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 32
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight672 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Volume editorCatherine S. J. Cazin
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.