All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.50Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $37.52
About this product
- DescriptionExamines NATO's Balkan interventions over the entire decade starting with the break-up of Yugoslavia in 1992. Focusing on the wars in Bosnia and Kosovo, it traces the record of early transatlantic failures and later successes as once bitterly divided allies were able, finally, to unite around some basic principles. By the time of the Kosovo intervention in spring 1999, the allies agreed on the necessity of taking sides and using military force in conflicts that were complicated, but far from morally opaque. The book concludes with some lessons around which the transatlantic allies might reasonably hope - despite other pressing concerns - to stay engaged and stay united.
- Author BiographyDana H. Allin is editor of Survival, and Senior Fellow for Transatlantic Affairs at the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS). A graduate of Yale University, he worked as a Europe-based financial journalist before earning an M.A. and Ph.D. from the Johns Hopkins University, Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS). He was visiting assistant professor in European Studies and American Foreign Policy at the SAIS centers in Bologna, Italy and Washington, D.C., a Robert Bosch Foundation Fellow, and Deputy Director of both the Aspen Institute Berlin and the International Commission on the Balkans (a joint project of Aspen Berlin and the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace).
- Author(s)Dana H. Allin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/02/2005
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleAdelphi Series
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 347
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight158 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.