All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the storied capital of Bogota to Medelin to the Amazon Basin, this guide to Colombia, South America, offers readers practical advice on planning your trip and explains the country in the context of its history, culture, cuisine, landscape, and flora and fauna. Acclaimed travel writer Christopher Baker explores the Eastern Highlands, the Caribbean Lowlands, the Western and Southern Highlands, the Pacific & San Andres, and Los Llas & the Amazon Basin. Contemporary editorial features and experiential sidebars highlight every aspect of life and every activity under the Colombian sun: how emeralds are mined and marketed, the history of pirates off Colombia's shores, parrots and macaws, volcaes, whale watching, and poison dart frogs. Gorgeous National Geographic photography and useful maps help you navigate your way around Colombia and its many landscapes: Take a walk through Bogota's historic Candelaria district, take a drive through coffee country, follow in the footsteps of Gabriel Garcia Marquez, or enjoy a drive around San Andres.
- Author BiographyAfter studying geography at the University of London and Latin American studies at the University of Liverpool, CHRISTOPHER P. BAKER settled in California and established a career as a travel writer, photographer, and lecturer. He has authored and photographed the National Geographic Traveler guidebooks to Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, and Panama. His more than 20 other books include Mi Moto Fidel: Motorcycling Through Castro's Cuba, plus two coffee table books: Cuba Classics: A Celebration of Vintage American Automobiles and Enchanting Costa Rica. Baker--the Lowell Thomas Award 2008 Travel Journalist of the Year--has written for more than 200 international publications, including CNN Travel, National Geographic Traveler and Robb Report. He has spoken at the National Geographic Society (televised live); has been profiled in USA Today; and has appeared on ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC, NPR and Fox TV, among other radio and TV outlets. He escorts National Geographic Expeditions tours and photo expeditions to Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, and Cuba.
- Author(s)Christopher P. Baker
- PublisherNational Geographic Society
- Date of Publication09/02/2017
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2017
- ImprintNational Geographic Society
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width214 mm
- Height133 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.