NHS Plc: The Privatisation of Our Health Care by Allyson M. Pollock (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- DescriptionHow this has come about - to the point where even the shrinking core of free NHS hospital services is being handed over to private providers at the taxpayers' expense - is still t widely understood, hidden behind slogans like 'care in the community', 'diversity' and 'local ownership'. Allyson Pollock demystifies these terms, and in doing so presents a clear and powerful analysis of the transition from a comprehensive and universal service to New Labour's 'mixed ecomy of health care', in which hospitals with foundation status, loosely supervised by an independent regulator, will be run on largely market principles.
- Author BiographyAllyson Pollock is Professor of Health Policy and Chair of the Health Policy and Health Services Research Unit at University College London.
- Author(s)Allyson M. Pollock
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication03/08/2004
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Edition StatementNew Updated ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.