Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionThe definitive guide to measurement and estimating using NRM1, written by the author of NRM1 The 'RICS New rules of measurement: Order of cost estimating and cost planning of capital building works' (referred to as NRM1) is the cornerstone of good cost management of capital building works projects - enabling more effective and accurate cost advice to be given to clients and other project team members, while facilitating better cost control. The NRM1 Cost Management Handbook is the essential guide to how to successfully interpret and apply these rules, including explanations of how to: * quantify building works and prepare order of cost estimates and cost plans * use the rules as a toolkit for risk management and procurement * analyse actual costs for the purpose of collecting benchmark data and preparing cost analyses * capture historical cost data for future order of cost estimates and elemental cost plans * employ the rules to aid communication * manage the complete 'cost management cycle' * use the elemental breakdown and cost structures, together with the coding system developed for NRM1, to effectively integrate cost management with Building Information Modelling (BIM). In the NRM1 Cost Management Handbook, David Benge explains in clear terms how NRM1 is meant to be used in familiar quantity surveying tasks, as well as a range of activities of crucial importance for professionals in years to come. Worked examples, flow charts, diagrams, templates and check lists ensure readers of all levels will become confident and competent in the use of NRM1. This book is essential reading for anyone working with NRM1, and is the most authoritative guide to practice available for those preparing to join the industry.
- Author BiographyDavid P. Benge is a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) with over 30 years experience as a quantity surveyor and educator. As Head of Quality Management at Gleeds, international management and construction consultants, David focuses on service improvement for all aspects of quantity surveying and project management activities - with a worldwide remit. Through Gleeds, he provides quality consulting services and training on the use and application of the NRM suite of measurement rules. David authored both the first and second editions of NRM1 for the RICS and was co-author and executive technical editor on both NRM2 and NRM3.
- Author(s)David P. Benge
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/03/2014
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note126 black & white illustrations, 179 black & white tables
- Weight1247 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine0 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.