All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew York City is the world's undisputed capital of the skyscraper and is synymous with this archetypical American form of architecture. Yet New York's exceptional standing is t only due to the sheer number of skyscrapers; it is also the juxtaposition of so many high-rise buildings from different stylistic periods that gives the New York skyline its particular dynamism. This stunning and definitive guide presents the most prominent and significant skyscrapers in the world's most vertical city. Managing to obtain access, often exclusive, to over 60 rooftops and viewpoints throughout Manhattan, Dirk Stichweh and Jorg Machirus photographed the incredible views afforded them from these heights, from Wall Street to uptown. Featuring over 80 high-rises from the Empire State Building to the recently erected One World Trade Center, this volume shares the stories behind their construction and discusses their influence on New York's cityscape and international architectural history. Designed and written to appeal to anyone who is fascinated by the city, this beautiful book captures New York from a perspective few will ever see in person.
- Author BiographyDirk Stichweh is the author of New York Skyscrapers (Prestel, 2009). He is based in Bremen, Germany. Jorg Machirus is a photographer and avid New York City fan. He took the majority of photographs for New York Skyscrapers (Prestel, 2009).
- Author(s)Dirk Stichweh,Jorg Machirus
- Date of Publication01/05/2016
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note180 colour illustrations
- Weight1542 g
- Width240 mm
- Height320 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $26.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.