All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionTelling the story of the first 50 years of New Zealand's National Youth Orchestra, this account covers its successful international tours and performances in cities around New Zealand as well as its 2009 concert season. The first history of the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra's (NZSO) Youth Orchestra, the chronicle is enlivened by the memories and stories of past members. Including photographs, posters, and programs drawn from the group's archives as well as personal collections, this warm and accessible compilation celebrates the orchestra's unique character.
- Author BiographyJoy Tonks is the NZSO Historian and Archivist, (and previously its Personnel Manager and Editor of Concert Pitch magazine). She is author of New Zealand Symphony Orchestra: The First Forty Years, 1986; Bravo! The NZSO at 50, 1996; Viva Malvina! the Lives of Dame Malvina Major, 2003, and various other collaborative publications. She is a former President of the New Zealand Women Writers Society, a long-serving executive member of the BNZ Katherine Mansfield Short Story Awards, an inaugural member of the New Zealand Society of Authors Wellington Writers Walk committee, and a founding committee member of the NZSO Alumni Association. She was awarded the Queen's Service Medal in 1997.
- Author(s)Joy Tonks
- PublisherVictoria University Press
- Date of Publication02/09/2011
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationWellington
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintVictoria University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight820 g
- Width172 mm
- Height241 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.