All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionLiving in the realm of music is such a source of joy to me that I was determined to share it in my teaching with all the means in my power. Nadia Boulanger Although she was a performer, a composer, and a conductor of some of the world's great orchestras, it was through her genius as a pedagogue that Nadia Boulanger won world rewn. Venerated, feared, or opposed, she was as famous as the most prestigious performers, or the best-kwn conductors. And for the first three-quarters of this century, a host of musicians, young and old, crowded around Boulanger's pia where, with rigor and passion, she revealed a musical universe previously unkwn to them. Jerome Spycket's biographical work (originally published in French by Editions Payot, Lausanne, on the centenary of Boulanger's birth) explores the eminent teacher's life through certain key events and through those that formed her circle (Faure, Milhaud, Stravinsky, and Poulenc, to name but a few). A wealth of photographs provide a striking visual history, from the salon of the rue Ballu, to l'Ecole de Fountainebleau, to Boulanger conducting the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra of London. The spirit of this remarkable musical force shines through on every page.
- Author(s)Jerome Spycket,M. M. Shriver
- PublisherPendragon Press
- Date of Publication01/12/1992
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationHillsdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1993
- ImprintPendragon Press
- Width70 mm
- Height103 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.