All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- Description'I stood on the beach truly alone for the first time. I would t see ather person for sixty days. I was on an uninhabited tropical island and I had thing with me to help me survive. No food, equipment, knife and t even any clothes. All I had was my camera kit so that I could intimately record my self-inflicted sentence.' What if you were abandoned on a tropical island with food or water, basic equipment, t even a knife, and clothes - could you survive? Extreme adventurer Ed Stafford isn't sure, but he's about to find out as he pushes himself to the limit in this gripping and inspirational test of human survival. For sixty days, with only his explorer's instinct and a video camera to record his experiences, Ed faces the ultimate feat of physical and mental endurance. He confronts blazing heat and brutal loneliness; eats snails to escape starvation and battles illness, dehydration and fatigue in what is his most dangerous, and at times life-threatening, challenge to date. This epic story of survival, full of exhilarating highs and devastating lows, is told with raw emotion and captivating honesty. This book will leave you amazed and exhausted.
- Author BiographyEd Stafford holds the Guinness World Record for being the first man to walk the Amazon River. This extraordinary achievement was documented in his first book and accompanying TV show, Walking the Amazon. Ed was also named European Adventurer of the Year 2011. He started running expeditions after retiring from the British Army as a captain in 2002 and has led expeditions all over the world, including community and conservation expeditions in Belize, Guatemala and Borneo; extreme cold weather expeditions in Patagonian Argentina and northern ice cap traverses in Chile. Naked and Marooned is Ed's second book.
- Author(s)Ed Stafford
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication05/02/2015
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirgin Books
- Weight241 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.