All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.66
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
About this product
- DescriptionNaked at Lunch is one man's cracklingly witty, compellingly odd and oddly life-affirming journey into the subculture of nudism. Celebrated journalist Mark Haskell Smith meets, and indeed joins, those shucking off social conventions by shucking off their clothes - he hikes bareback in the Alps with a naked rambler's society, he buys baguettes in the buff in a French resort and he meets the marginally dressed mayor of a Spanish clothes-optional municipality. But this is t just a book of naked adventures and sun-ripened genitals. It is a study of 20th-century Western cultural and social mores; a record of radical history and politics practised by those made radical by their refusal to get dressed; a heartfelt celebration of the simple joys of being alive; and a full-blooded war cry for reclaiming pride in our bodies and rejecting those who would make us ashamed.
- Author BiographyMark Haskell Smith is the author of five previous novels, Moist, Delicious, Salty, Baked, and Raw, and the non-fiction book Heart of Dankness. His work has appeared in the Los Angeles Times, the Los Angeles Review of Books, and Vulture. He lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Mark Haskell Smith
- PublisherAtlantic Books
- Date of Publication06/08/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAtlantic Books
- Weight302 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.