All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the black and white version of the book: Nalbinding - An Age-Old Technique Nalbinding was and is found around the world, but in most industrialized countries it is virtually unkwn today. This was t always so. Only when knitting began to spread in the European Middle Ages, did nalbinding sink into oblivion there. Today, creative people are re-discovering nalbinding. If you are interested in how nalbinding developed, this book provides you with a historical overview based on the most important archaeological finds. If you are a textile artisan or scholar, you will find fascinating structures and diverse variations described and explained. And finally, if you have the courage to learn and revive an ancient handicraft, there are instructions for various stitches and practical projects.
- Author BiographyUlrike Claen-Buttner was born in 1973 at Lake Constance. After high school she trained as a pharmacy technician. Three years later, she fulfilled her childhood dream of studying archeology and geology at the University of Cologne. After her studies she lived in Bavaria for several years, where she produced her first book and exhibition, based on a tentative PhD thesis about prehistoric textile techniques. Nowadays, she lives with her family in North Rhine-Westphalia and works as author, freelance archaeologist, and textile artist.
- Author(s)Ulrike Claen-Buttner
- PublisherBooks on Demand
- Date of Publication24/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooks on Demand
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.