All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInterior designer Nancy Braithwaite's long-awaited first book is a striking tutorial in the power of simplicity in design. In the world of interior design, Nancy Braithwaite is kwn for her single-minded devotion to the principle that has guided her work for more than forty years: simplicity. Braithwaite's work is luxuriously minimalist, its beauty inextricably tied to its Shaker-like purity. While her work varies from art deco to country, the underlying rules remain the same: every element should strive to be simple and powerful without compromise, and every room must have a level of power that comes from commanding scale, repetition of elements, subtleties of colour, or the sheer beauty of forms. In Braithwaite's world, excess is t opulent. Simplicity is opulent. Braithwaite takes the reader deep into her singular vision. Divided into five sections, the book begins with her manifesto on simplicity and the aspects of design used to achieve it, including architecture, scale, colour, texture, pattern, and composition. She then presents three categories of style-country, classic, and contemporary-and explains and illustrates each with iconic rooms from her portfolio. Finally, she presents several houses as case studies, displaying the power of these principles in action and emphasizing the importance of craftsmanship in design, from a stunning modern seaside retreat on Kiawah Island, South Carolina, to her unforgettable country house in Atlanta.
- Author BiographyNancy Braithwaite started her acclaimed Atlanta interior design firm in 1969. Over her forty-plus-year career, her work has graced the pages of numerous shelter magazines. Dara Caponigro is the former editor-in-chief of Veranda and the founding editor of Domino.
- Author(s)Dara Caponigro,Nancy Braithwaite
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication14/10/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight2336 g
- Width241 mm
- Height311 mm
- Spine33 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.