All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.08
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines Jean Luc Nancy's latest contributions to the study of the political. Finding its orientation in Nancy's ontology, event and praxis of sense, this collection of 11 essays connects and develops the fundamental themes and concepts that animate his political thought. Focused around three strands - capitalism, the metaphysics of democracy and aesthetics - they emphasise the potential of his political thought. The contributors illuminate some of the most challenging aspects of Nancy's thought, while also situating his politics in the broader intellectual context. It will appeal to readers working in social and political thought, European philosophy, aesthetics and cultural studies. Essays engage with other key contemporary thinkers including Badiou, Ranciere, Foucault, Agamben and Lefort; re orients the study of the political by delving into dimensions of Nancy's political thought that have t yet been explored and covers all of Nancy's corpus.
- Author BiographySanja Dejanovic is Adjunct Professor in the Department of Philosophy, Trent University.
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- Series TitleCritical Connections
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Weight658 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited bySanja Dejanovic
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.