Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $96.76Trending at AU $98.23
- AU $11.67Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $17.23Trending at AU $21.15
- AU $23.98Trending at AU $27.20
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.23
- AU $18.80Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $10.57Trending at AU $14.26
About this product
- DescriptionAfter a tumultuous year in which her mentor is murdered and her estranged father comes back into her life, Pia Grazdani, the embattled medical student from Death Benefit , decides to take a year off from her medical studies and escape New York City. Intrigued by the promise of the burgeoning field of medical techlogy and the chance to clear her head in the cool air of Colorado, Pia takes a job at Nabots, a lavishly funded, security-conscious natechlogy institute in the picturesque foothills of the Rockies. Nabots is ahead of the curve in the competitive world of molecular manufacturing, including the construction of microbivores, tiny na robots with the ability to gobble up viruses and bacteria. But the corporate campus, for all its beauty, is a place of secrets. She's warned by her boss t to investigate the other work being done at the gigantic facility, r to ask questions about the source of the seemingly endless capital that funds the institute's research. And when Pia encounters a fellow employee on a corporate jogging path, suffering the effects of a seizure, she soon realizes she may have literally stumbled upon one of Nabots' human guinea pigs. Is the tech giant on the cusp of one of the biggest medical discoveries of the 21st century - a treatment option for millions - or have they already sold out to the highest bidder?
- Author BiographyDoctor and author Robin Cook is widely credited with introducing the word 'medical' to the thriller genre, and over twenty years after the publication of his breakthrough novel, Coma, he continues to dominate the category he created. Cook has successfully combined medical fact with fiction to produce over twenty-seven international bestsellers, including Outbreak (1987), Terminal (1993), Contagion (1996) and most recently Death Benefit (2012).
- Author(s)Robin Cook
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication03/01/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date12/11/2014
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.