All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.36Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
About this product
- DescriptionThis title provides a rigorous and critical historical overview of a growing transdisciplinary area of artistic practice. There is a growing audience interested in art at the intersection between techlogy and science. This publication creates the first history and anthology of works in this emerging area of importance to the contemporary art world. It is one of the only contemporary publications that focuses on this subject area. Examining art that intersects with science and seeks to make visible what cant ordinarily be seen with the naked eye, Naart provides insight into new understandings of materiality and life. It includes an extensive overview of the history of naart from the work of Umberto Boccioni to the present day. The author looks specifically at art inspired by natechlogical research made possible by the scanning tunneling microscope and atomic force microscope in the 1980s, as well as the development of other instruments of natechlogical experimentation to offer a sustained consideration of this fascinating artistic approach.
- Author BiographyPaul Thomas is head of painting at the College of Fine Arts, University of New South Wales, and coordinator of the Centre for Research in Art, Science, and Humanity at Curtin University in Australia.
- Author(s)Paul Thomas
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width174 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.