All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionNabioelectrochemistry covers the modern aspects of bioelectrochemistry, nascience and materials science. The combination of nastructured materials and biological molecules enables the development of biodevices capable to detect specific substances. Furthermore, by using the bioelectrochemistry approach, the interaction between bio-systems and nastructured materials can be studied at the molecular level, where several mechanisms of molecular behavior are elucidate from redox reactions. The combination of biological molecules and vel namaterials components is of great importance in the process of developing new nascale devices for future biological, medical and electronic applications. This book describes some of the different electrochemical techniques that can be used to study new strategies for patterning electrode surfaces with enzymes, organelles, cells and biomimetic systems. Also, it focuses on how enzymes and microorganisms can be used as biological catalysts in fuel cells for green power generation. By bringing together these different aspects of nabioelectrochemistry, this book provides a valuable source of information for many students and scientists.
- Author BiographyDr. Frank N. Crespilho is PhD in Physical-Chemistry and Professor at Institute of Chemistry of Sao Carlos (IQSC), University of Sao Paulo (USP), Brazil. He is the author of several works covering the branch of electrochemistry, nanoscience and bioelectrochemistry. Research interests in the Crespilho group are in the areas of special materials and electrochemistry with emphasis on nanomaterials and the bio-nano interface and devices.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication19/09/2014
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight238 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byFrank N. Crespilho
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.