All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionNacrystals and Their Mesoscopic Organization is an up-to-date mograph on an important aspect of nascience and techlogy. It opens with an elegant introduction including a brief historical account. Emphasis is then given to diverse synthetic methods, both chemical and physical, in addition to modern hybrid methods. The orientation shifts gradually to properties of nacrystals that evolve with size; detailed discussions are to be found on mesoscalar assemblies in different dimensions, special cases of core-shell and magic nuclearity nacrystals. The authors also address applications of nacrystals, carefully separating out potential applications and those that have already emerged, and cite around 900 references from the literature, most from the last decade. Tables providing information at a glance and schematic diagrams at relevant places, make the mograph appealing to read. Occasionally, the reader is reminded of the contributions of celebrated past masters such as Michael Faraday. In summary, the mograph serves as a general introduction as well as a handy reference for the entire community of researchers and practitioners.
- Author BiographyProf. C. N. R. Rao has published around 1400 Research papers and 36 books (edited or authored) in a career spanning 50 years. His books have been translated into other languages and several have grown to include several editions. He is widely recognized and is a member of all major science academies. He has been honoured with 34 Honoris Causa doctorate degrees from universities around the world. He is currently the President of the Third World Academy of Science. He was formerly the President of the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry. He has won numerous other International and National awards, a recent one being the Somiya award from the IUMRS (April, 2004). Dr. P. John Thomas obtained his Ph.D. recently from JNCASR, working in the field of nanocrystals and is currently a Research Associate in the same place. Dr. G. U. Kulkarni is an Associate Professor at JNCASR. He has over 100 publications to his credit. He is working in the field of nanocrystals for the past ten years or so.
- Author(s)C. N. R. Rao,G. U. Kulkarni,P. John Thomas
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication16/03/2007
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Materials Science
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 95
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note5 black & white tables, biography
- Weight491 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.