All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionNabiotechlogy is a fast developing field of research and application in many domains such as in medicine, pharmacy, cosmetics and agro-industry. The book addresses the lastest fundamental results on natoxicology and naethics, and the ermous range of potential applications in the fields of medical diagstics, namedicine, and food and water administration. Nascale objects have properties leading to specific kinds of behaviour, sometimes exacerbating their chemical reactivity, physical behaviour, or potential to penetrate deeply within living organisms. Hence it is important to ensure the responsible and safe development of namaterials and natechlogies. This fourth volume in the Nascience series should make its mark, by presenting the state of the art in the fields of natoxicology and naethics. This is the first book to combine both scientific kwledge and ethical and social recommendations. It also presents specific policies on natechlogies set up by national and international authorities. This book is of interest to engineers, researchers, and graduate students.
- Author BiographyPhilippe Houdy is a university professor of physics of solids, and a specialist in nanometric media and nanomaterials. Marcel Lahmani is Vice President of the French NanoMicrotechnology Club. Francelyne Marano is Professor of Nanotoxicology and President of Sanitary Impact of Nano on Health, and a Member of the High Council of Public Health.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication31/08/2011
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note105 black & white illustrations, 8 colour illustrations
- Weight1197 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byFrancelyne Marano,Marcel Lahmani,Philippe Houdy
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.