All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionMeeting the demand for a readily understandable introduction to namaterials and natechlogy, this textbook specifically addresses the needs of students - and engineers - who need to get the gist of nascale phemena in materials without having to delve too deeply into the physical and chemical details. The book begins with an overview of the consequences of small particle size, such as the growing importance of surface effects, and covers successful, field-tested synthesis techniques of namaterials. The largest part of the book is devoted to the particular magnetic, optical, electrical and mechanical properties of materials at the nascale, leading on to emerging and already commercialized applications, such as nafluids in magnetic resonance imaging, high-performance nacomposites and carbon natube-based electronics. Based on the author's experience in teaching namaterials courses and adapted, in style and level, for students with only limited background kwledge, the textbook includes further reading, as well as information boxes that can be skipped upon first reading.
- Author BiographyProfessor Dieter Vollath has more than 20 years experience in the research of synthesis and properties of nanomaterials. He was Department Head at the Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe, Germany, and gives lectures at the Technical University Graz, Austria. Since 2003 he is acting as nanotechnology consultant with his own company NanoConsulting. His courses on nanomaterials formed the basis for this textbook.
- Author(s)Dieter Vollath
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication14/08/2013
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.