All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- DescriptionNascience and Natechlogy are experiencing a rapid development in many aspects, like real-space atomic-scale imaging, atomic and molecular manipulation, na-fabrication, etc. , which will have a profound impact t only in every field of research, but also on everyday life in the twenty-first century. The common efforts of researchers from different countries and fields of science can bring complementary expertise to solve the rising problems in order to take advantage of the nascale approaches in Materials Science. Nastructured materials, i. e. materials made with atomic accuracy, show unique properties as a consequence of nascale size confinement, predominance of interfacial phemena and quantum effects. Therefore, by reducing the dimensions of a structure to nasize, many inconceivable properties will appear and may lead to different vel applications from na- electronics and naphotonics to nabiological systems and namedicine. All this requires the contribution of multidisciplinary teams of physicists, chemists, materials scientists, engineers and biologists to work together on the synthesis and processing of namaterials and nastructures, und- standing the properties related to the nascale, the design of na-devices as well as of new tools for the characterization of na-structured materials. The first objective of the NATO ASI on Nastructured Materials for Advanced Techlogical Applications was to assess the up-to-date achie- ments and future perspectives of application of vel nastructured materials, focusing on the relationships material structure ? functional properties ? possible applications.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/03/2009
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Series TitleNATO Security Through Science Series B (Closed)
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight962 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byCyril Popov,Johann Peter Reithmaier,Plamen Petkov,Wilhelm Kulisch
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.