All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionAn Advanced Research Workshop (ARW) was held on Natechlogy to Aid Chemical and Biological Defense on September 22-26, 2014 in Antalya, Turkey, to address the NATO SPS Key Priority of Defense against CBRN Agents and Environmental Security. This book is representative of the scientific contributions made at this meeting emphasizing both fundamental research as well as practical implications of the research to CBRN defense and environmental security. Highlights include the potential of Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) to characterize the nascale properties of microbial pathogens, the development of bacteriophage-based therapeutics, prophylactic and diagstic preparations, and their uses in different fields, such as medicine, veterinary, agriculture, food and water safety, etc. Threats to environmental security due to bacteriophages and namaterials were discussed. Also of interest are chapters on an inexpensive bioassay suited for assessing chemical poisoning in the environment such as the presence of pesticides, sensors to detect ultra-trace quantities of the explosive Pentaerythritol tetranitrate (PETN) using natubes, electrochemical sensors to simultaneously detect and reduce the explosive trinitro toluene (TNT) to 2,4,6-triamitoluene (TAT) in solution. The ARW brought together a diverse group of international civilian researchers focused on natechlogy problems relevant to chemical and biological defense needs, in order to share current state-of-the-art and discuss future opportunities and challenges. Cooperative research among NATO countries and NATO partners can make a critical contribution to meeting these challenges.
- Date of Publication25/08/2015
- Series TitleNATO Science for Peace and Security Series A: Chemistry and Biology
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note82 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight520 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byTerri A. Camesano
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.