All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe comprehensive reference and textbook serves as a timely, practical introduction to the principles of natribology and namechanics. Assuming some familiarity with macroscopic tribology, the book comprises chapters by internationally recognized experts, who integrate kwledge of the field from the mechanics and materials-science perspectives. They cover key measurement techniques, their applications, and theoretical modelling of interfaces, each beginning their contributions with macro- and progressing to microconcepts.
- Author BiographyBackground: : In the past we published a subset of the Springer Handbook of Nanotechnology in two editions as graduate textbook Nanomechanics and Nanotribology . However, the size of the book grew to 1536pages in the second edition. In addition, the sales of were quite low: The second edition sold 322 copies in two years at 119aC--. Therefore we decided to split the book into two parts and have both POD suitable. The natural breaking point is the devision in fundamental nanomechanical measurement methods (AFM, STM) in the first volume and the consequences of Nanomechanics for Tribology and Lubrication.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note647 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1613 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Edited byBharat Bhushan
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement3rd ed. 2011
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.