All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarco Polo Naples & the Amalfi Coast: the Travel Guide with Insider Tips Experience all of Naples & the Amalfi Coast's attractions with this up-to-date and authoritative guide, complete with 'Best Of' recommendations. You'll discover nice hotels, restaurants and night spots; there are also ideas for shopping and tips for those on a low budget plus information on festivals and events and sports and activities. Further sections include: Travel Tips, Travel with Kids, Links, Blogs, Apps & more, Italian phrase book and a comprehensive index. Naples is full of surprises the bustling city is a place of adventure and provides a perfect contrast to the Gulf Coast: the Mediterranean, the light, the warmth, the magnificent scenery, the scent of the sea and the pine trees, the colors. With MARCO POLO Naples & the Amalfi Coast you will experience a veritable paradise: bright yellow lemons glowing from the dark lemon groves of Sorrento and Amalfi, and the intoxicating scent of white blossoms. In the deep grottos along the rocky coast the sea is cobalt blue and emerald green. This practical, pocket-sized guide takes you through the narrow alleyways and colorful markets of Naples. Meander across the broad and elegant squares, or descend into the city's subterranean world of tufa (volcanic rock). Savour the world's best pizza, and go surfing in Palinuro or hike the Amalfi Coast along old mountain tracks with magnificent views of the sea. The most important highlights lead you to places that should definitely t be missed on your visit to the Gulf of Naples. The 'Best Of' pages point out some experiences unique to this part of Italy, recommend things to do for free, and have tips for rainy days and where you can relax and unwind. The Insider Tips reveal where you can enjoy Naples' best Espresso or experience a tonic for the senses. Excursions & Tours lead you from mighty monuments to mountain solitude: a day trip takes you to the ermous palace of Caserta complete with ancient legends and more recent splendor. To discover the mountaius hinterland of the Cilento you should allow at least two days: on horseback or by bike, in a cae or on foot, you can explore its wildly romantic scenery. The Sport & Activities chapter will give you some more sporting tips. Finally the Dos & Don'ts highlight a few things you need to be aware of when visiting the country. MARCO POLO Naples & the Amalfi Coast provides comprehensive coverage of all parts of the region. To help you find your way around there is a detailed Road Atlas, a useful map of Naples in the cover, plus a separate pull-out map.
- Author BiographyMarco Polo Travel Publishing offers a wide range of high quality cartographic products and travel guides. Marco Polo Pocket Guides are known for their handy, compact format and Insider Tips. Our Travel Handbooks are the first to include infographics and our Spiral Guides feature unique lay-flat spiral binding. Marco Polo Maps are famous for the high quality of cartography in their Country, City and Holiday Maps.
- Author(s)Marco Polo
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication24/04/2013
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMarco Polo Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width109 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Sheet map
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $41.27
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $12.24
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $45.56
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $37.77
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $20.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $19.25
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.