All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionOn the Napoleonic battlefield victory or defeat could still depend on the skills, reactions and personalities of individual commanders. Even under a genius such as Bonaparte the dispersal of his armies on campaign, and the lack of fast communications, left command and control of the different corps and divisions in the hands of his marshals and generals. Continuing the author's study of the careers, peronalities and personal uniforms of the greatest French generals and marshals of the Napoleonic Wars, this volume describes and illustrates those leaders who made their names largely in the later years of the Empire, from 1809 to 1815. It includes leading figures such as Soult, Marmont, Murat, Espagne and Sucher.
- Author BiographyPhilip Haythomthwaite is an author and historical consultant specialising in the military history, uniforms and equipment of the 18th and 19th centuries. His main area of research covers the Napoleonic Wars. He has written some forty books, including more than 20 Osprey titles, and innumerable articles and papers on military history, but still finds time to indulge in his other great passion: cricket. Patrice Courcelle was born in northern France in 1950 and has been a professional illustrator for some 20 years. Entirely self-taught; he has illustrated many books and magazine articles for Continental publishers, and his work hangs in a number of public and private collections. His dramatic and lucid style has won him plenty of admiration in the field of military illustration. His other enthusiasms include music, from Clapton and the blues to Mahler, and cooking. Patrice lives a few miles from the battlefield of Waterloo with his wife and son.
- Author(s)Philip Haythornwaite,Philip J. Haythornthwaite
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/04/2002
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleElite
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.83
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note55 b&w and 12 colour illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)Patrice Courcelle
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.