All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn October 14th, 1808, Napoleon persuaded Herzog Peter Friedrich Ludwig of Oldenburg to join the Confederation of the Rhine by the Treaty of Erfurt - the military contingent to be maintained by the duchy was set at an infantry battalion of 800 men in six companies. Similarly, Friedrich August, Herzog of Nassau, was charged, under the terms of the treaty with coordinating and organizing the military efforts of all the tiny states of its neighbours. In this fine addition to Osprey's Men-at-Arms series, Otto Von Pivka details the campaign history and uniforms of Napoleon's Nassau and Oldenburg allied troops.
- Author BiographyOtto von Pivka (the nom de plume of Digby Smith) wrote his first title for Osprey Publishing in 1972 (The Black Brunswickers, in the Men-at-Arms series). He is a prolific author, who has contributed many titles to the Men-at-Arms series on the armies and forces of the Napoleonic Wars. A former major in the British Army, he is now retired, but continues to write books on this key period.
- Author(s)Otto von Pivka
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication24/01/1976
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleMen-at-Arms
- Series Part/Volume Number48
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Notecolour and b&w illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine6 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.13
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.