All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a concise history of the hand-picked elite cavalry guard that served as Napoleon's close personal escort and were committed to the most dangerous areas of combat on the battlefield. Formed from his original escort of 'Guides' and the 'Consular Guard' in 1799, the Mounted Chasseurs were a personal favourite of Napoleon's - who wore their uniform on campaign. Ronald Pawly's unique research in regimental archives provides unprecedented detail on individual soldiers and officers. With the Guard's colourful uniforms recreated in dazzling full colour artwork and accounts of their actions at the most critical Napoleonic battles, this is a critical insight into the soldiers who comprised an elite unit whose fighting prowess and devotion to their emperor has become legendary.
- Author BiographyRonald Pawly is a respected member of several international societies for Napoleonic studies, and an expert on 19th century military portraiture. He is the author of the monumental The Red Lancers: Anatomy of a Napoleonic Regiment (Crowood Press, 1998), and of a study of Napoleonic veterans' tombs in Belgium. He has previously written for Osprey Men-at-Arms 355: Wellington's Belgian Allies 1815; MAA 371: Wellington's Dutch Allies 1815; MAA 371: Napoleon's Red Lancers; MAA 378: Napoleon's Guards of Honour; and Elite 115: Napoleon's Imperial Headquarters (1): Organization & Personnel. The author lives in Belgium.
- Author(s)Ronald Pawly
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication02/01/2008
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleMen-at-Arms
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 444
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight190 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Patrice Courcelle
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.46
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.