All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionNarendra Modi, the BJP's prime ministerial candidate, is powerful, popular and controversial. With the general elections due to conclude in May 2014, Modi's campaign rallies have drawn unprecedented crowds. Yet, the man remains an enigma. His supporters regard him as the visionary, decisive leader India needs today. His detractors see him as a polarizing fi gure. Is Modi authoritative or authoritarian? Decisive or divisive? A team player or a loner? Andy Mari recorded interviews with Narendra Modi during more than half-a-dozen exclusive meetings - unprecedented access to a very private man. What emerged is this riveting, objective biography of a man who could be India's prime minister. Not shying away from the controversies that have dogged Narendra Modi, including the Gujarat riots and questions about the Gujarat model of governance and development, this political biography provides an unbiased account of possibly the most important figure in Indian politics today. Mari records hour-by-hour details of the 2002 Gujarat riots, presenting a balanced analysis of that raw wound on India's polity. It also reveals hitherto unpublished, authenticated documents, which makes this one of the most important books of 2014. The author analyses Narendra Modi's values, the people who shaped his thinking and the sort of national leader he will make. Personal details of Modi's early life, his wanderings in the Himalayas between the ages of seventeen and nineteen, his rise through the political ranks, his vision for India and his personal philosophy on religion and politics are revealed in a book that is lucid, fast-paced and readable. Narendra Modi: A Political Biography is an insightful, exhaustive and impeccably researched account of the ascent of a political leader.
- Author BiographyAndy Marino, who has a PhD in English Literature, is a British author and TV producer who lives and works in London but travels extensively. He is the acclaimed best-selling author of A Quiet American and Hershel: The Boy Who Started World War Two.
- Author(s)Andy Marino
- PublisherHarperCollins India
- Date of Publication20/03/2014
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew Dehli
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintHarperCollins India
- Out-of-print date18/06/2015
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight573 g
- Width156 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.