All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionTo cite an old Egyptian cliche, Nasser (1918-1970) was the 'first Egyptian to rule Egypt since Cleopatra.' Deposing the corrupt king Farouk, abolishing the monarchy and negotiating the withdrawal of the British, Nasser was truly beloved by millions. Even after catastrophic military disaster in the 'Six-Day War' of 1967, having resigned in humiliation, such was his standing that people filled the streets to clamour for his reinstatement. In this captivating profile, Joel Gordon examines the legacy of the famous autocrat, being careful to include his limitations as well as his many strengths.
- Author BiographyJoel Gordon is Associate Professor of Modern Middle East History and Popular Culture at the University of Arkansas. He is author of Nasser's Blessed Movement: Egypt's Free Officers and the July Revolution, currently in its second edition.
- Author(s)Joel Gordon
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleMakers of the Muslim World
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.