All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShortly after a breakfast generously supplied with pancakes, Natethe Great got an urgent call from Annie. I lost a picture, said Annie. Can you help me find it? Of course, said Nate. I have found lost balloons, books, slippers, chickens. Even a lost goldfish. Now I, Nate the Great, will find a lost picture. Oh, good, Annie said.Nate, with the cool detachment of a Sam Spade, immediately plunges into his new and baffling case. Gatting all the facts, asking the right questions, narrowing down the suspects. Nate, the boy detective who likes to work alone, solves the mystery and tracks down the culprit. In the process he also discovers the whereabouts of Super Hex, the missing cat.
- Author BiographyMARJORIE WEINMAN SHARMAT has written more than 130 books for children and young adults, as well as movie and TV novelizations. Her books have been translated into twenty-four languages. The award-winning Nate the Great series, hailed in Booklist as groundbreaking, has resulted in Nate s real-world appearances in many <i>New York Times</i> crossword puzzles, sporting a milk mustache in magazines and posters, residing on more than 28 million boxes of Cheerios, and touring the country in musical theater. Marjorie Weinman Sharmat and her husband, Mitchell Sharmat, have also coauthored many books, including titles in both the Nate the Great and the Olivia Sharp series. MARC SIMONT won the Caldecott Medal for his artwork in <i>A Tree Is Nice</i> by Janice May Uldry, as well as a Caldecott Honor for his own book, <i>The Stray Dog</i>. He illustrated the first twenty books in the Nate the Great series.
- Author(s)Marc Simont,Marjorie Weinman Sharmat
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2003
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group
- Content Noteillustrations (some colour)
- Weight91 g
- Width127 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine6 mm
Most relevant reviews
- dianeba198218 May, 2017by
Nate the Great first book
I bought it to match the audio tape. It is appropriate for the young children who will read it.
Verified purchase: No
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $18.49
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.26
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.