All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublished less than a year after Austrias defeat in World War I, Nation, State, and Ecomy , examines and compares pre-war and post-war ecomic conditions and explicates Mises's theory that each countrys prosperity supports rather than undercuts the prosperity of other countries. Mises's humanitarian recommendations in this book, born from a classical liberal perspective, provide a striking example of how supposedly hardsed ecomic theory, based on the reality of experience, is in fact far more supportive of human flourishing than seemingly more idealistic but actually impractical social theories. Specifically, Mises warned of the consequences of the punitive terms of the Treaty of Versailles by victors more interested in punishing their defeated enemies than in building a Europe that would be able to meet the challenges of the future. With the benefit of hindsight we see how different European and world history might have been.
- Author BiographyLudwig von Mises (18811973) was the leading spokesman of the Austrian School of economics throughout most of the twentieth century.
- Author(s)Ludwig von Mises
- PublisherLiberty Fund Inc
- Date of Publication29/08/2006
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationIndianapolis, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiberty Fund Inc
- Weight380 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byBettina Bien Greave
- Translated byLeland B. Yeager
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.