All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is dedicated to the study of the techniques and materials used by British painter Sir Joshua Reylds (1723-1792). Some of Reylds's pictures contain toriously unstable paint mixes, prone to serious color deterioration or surface cracking-sometimes evident even in the artist's lifetime. The authors examine the supports and the media that he employed, shedding light on what rendered the finished results so unpredictable. Three essays and 16 case studies analyze works in the National Gallery, London, and the Wallace Collection. This Technical Bulletin is the result of a multidisciplinary research collaboration between the National Gallery and the Wallace Collection and is unmatched by other resources on Reylds.
- Author BiographyAshok Roy is director of collections, Rachel Morrison is higher scientific officer in the Scientific Department, and Susan Foister is director of public engagement, all at the National Gallery, London. Alexandra Gent is conservator for the Wallace Collection Reynolds Project and Lucy Davis is curator of Old Master painting, both at the Wallace Collection, London.
- Author(s)Alexandra Gent,Rachel Morrison
- PublisherNational Gallery Company Ltd
- Date of Publication06/02/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleNational Gallery Technical Bulletins
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Gallery Company Ltd
- Content Note230 color illus.
- Weight521 g
- Width209 mm
- Height298 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byAshok Roy
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.