All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe complex political, cultural, and environmental issues that we face daily, make it increasingly important for us to have a clear vision of the world in which we live. With more than 300 updated, authoritative maps, charts, graphs, tables, and country flags, the Concise Atlas of the World, Third Edition offers a succinct, easy-to-use, and yet comprehensive view of our world, today. The atlas opens with beautifully rendered political and physical maps of the world. Satellite mosaic imagery shows the world from hundreds of miles above. Core world geographic themes such as climate, population, religion, ecomy, and the structure of the Earth follow. New world thematic topics include landforms, climate and weather, natural disasters, energy, health and education, and conflict and terror. Whether it's Bahrain in the Middle East or P'yonyang in North Korea, a convenient, intuitive place-name index provides an easy-to-use, access guide to finding locations around the globe. The variety and expression of traditional and new, expanded content, the invaluable reference, the captivating layouts, the visually engaging, world-rewn cartography, the logical, user-friendly design and its very competitive price all make this publication stand out as a great value.
- Author BiographyDAN WESTERGREN took up photography after being taught how to develop film by an indulgent science teacher in the eighth grade. That early experience instilled in him a reverence for the classic, timeless feel of a wonderful photograph, a reverence that he continues to feel even with his job as Director of Photography for National Geographic Travel. In addition to photo editing for National Geographic Traveler magazine and Natgeo.com/travel he has photographed a variety of stories, including expeditions up Mt. Kilimanjaro in Africa and Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn in the European Alps. Westergren also went on and photographed an expedition to ski the last degree to the North Pole. Over the years, he's shot some of the world's most intriguing people, places and experiences.
- Author(s)National Geographic
- PublisherNational Geographic Society
- Date of Publication28/08/2012
- SubjectGeneral Atlases & Maps (not folded)
- Place of PublicationHanover, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Geographic Society
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps
- Weight1034 g
- Width262 mm
- Height343 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.